Problem: In one location, the road kept washing away, and when a small construction company re-graded the road, they discovered a buried 6” culvert. It was completely plugged, and there were utilities running over it.
Solution: We jetted out the culvert.
Problem: Client had to install two drip irrigation lines in order to drain their cistern onto their garden to comply with the Santa Fe City building code. However, the client did not own the land in front of their garage.
So the only place they could install the line was underneath the house. It was too small of a job for a directional bore, and that would have been too costly.
Solution: We water probed underneath the house, jetted the hole wider, and then pulled the new pipes through.
Problem: On November 25th 2013, Kiewit Construction had to drill in 6’ wide by 60’ deep concrete pillars to support a road off-ramp.
There was a possible sewer line in the way. Before they could drill, they had to locate the sewer line which was believed to be at least 30’ deep.
Solution: First, we verified that the first ten feet had no utilities. We hit an old road bed, but proved that there was nothing in the way. So we had Kiewit bring in an excavator and dig a pit for us to work in. This made it easier to dig because we were closer to the sewer line. Then we vacuumed it out and verified the sewer line’s location. Then on May 21st, Kiewit lost the location of the line. We were called back to probe the ground with a 40’ water lance to re-verify the line’s location.
Problem: A company was hired to rebuild ozone chambers. However, when the chambers were drained they discovered approximately 80yrds of sand. They were unable to remove the sand themselves.
Solution: We vacuumed out the sand.
Problem: The elevator in the La Fonda Hotel had been deemed unsafe for operation because the jack was rotted out from groundwater.
They needed to remove the jack and install a new one, but could not remove the backfilled dirt. They were not allowed to block their main entrance during construction.
Solution: Since we couldn't go through the front, we went through the back. We ran 600ft of air hose and vacuum hose to reach the elevator. We used barrel interceptors because of the contaminated oil and dirt. Then we hauled the barrels out with a tractor. On May 20th, when they installed the new jack, they couldn't get it straight because the groundwater pushed dirt back up into the hole. Our solution was to airlance it in order to shake the dirt out of the way.
Problem: Temperatures dropped in Santa Fe and a line in the roof of a historic building froze and broke. It soaked the recycled newspaper insulation that was in the ceiling. This created a mold problem.
They couldn't tear the ceiling down in order to remove the insulation due to the building's historic status.
Solution: We climbed up into the 2' wide ceiling cavity and vacuumed out the insulation. Then we hauled away the insulation and disposed of it.