While a pueblo was constructing a casino, they realized a pipe was needed to be installed underneath existing utilities and walls. So they called us to excavate for the workers so they can have space to work underneath existing utilities and instal the pipe. There was a bit of tricky maneuvering that needed to be done, but it was easy for us to pull off just fine.
Often times work can be messy. At a treatment plant we had to open a water feed pipe to figure out where it ran for our client and their nearby construction. This was so they can avoid breaking water pipes as they digged for their project and they couldn’t find what they were looking for. The red chord going in the pipe is what we used to create the signal for our Ridgid detector device so we could map out where the water ran. Mission accomplished!
On someone’s private property, there was a culvert that has been plugged over numerous years and one day it rained enough to flood the owner’s driveway. So we used the mini excavator to get access to the culvert and make a drop-off for excess water to prevent future clogging. After we made the drop off, we noticed that roots have grown inside the culvert which gave us the tell-tale on how long the culvert was plugged. Be sure to check your culverts once in a while to make sure they stay clear.
When a fellow vacuum excavation company hired us to help out with a job, we found a skunk at the job site. Don't worry, no skunks were harmed in the making of our business.
Problem: This drinking water line under a dirt road was struck and broken when somebody (not us) did not dig safely for the electrical. Two months later houses in the neighborhood weren't getting their water.
Solution part I: We first inspected the 3" line with our Drinking Water Camera. What we found was a line half full of heavy gravel that couldn't be flushed from the hydrants. The camera pinpointed the low spot in the line where most of the material had collected.
Solution part II: SFVE daylighted the line at the problem spot, digging with the vacuum to make a safe working area. Then we used sanitized equipment and water to jet 1,000 feet in both directions from that spot, pulling the material out of the line. As the water and gravel flowed out into the pit, we vacuumed it up. The Drinking Water Camera then verified that the lines were clear, and the vacuum maintained the work area while the repairs to the potable water line were done.